The following instructions should be performed on the computer being used to hold the data. This computer may actually be a network server computer.
The following link may also be useful, if you need to know where the main install of CashFootprint is connected.
How do I know which server instance and/or database CashFootprint is connected to?
- Ensure you are logged into Windows as the administrator user.
- Ensure SQL Server Express 2008 R2 is installed using one or both of the following methods.
- Look for the Windows Start menu > ('All Programs' or Programs) > Microsoft SQL Server Express 200 R2 menu.
- Open the Windows Start menu > Control Panel > ('Programs and Features' or 'Add or Remove Programs') and verify the program Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 R2 is listed in the list of installed programs.
- Ensure the SQL Server Browser service is setup properly.
- Click the Windows Start button > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server Express 200 R2 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Click SQL Server Services from the left tree view.
- On the right you should see SQL Server Browser. This service should be running and the Start Mode should be Automatic.
- If the service is setup properly continue to step 4.
- If this is not the case
- Right click SQL Server Browser and select the Properties menu item from the popup menu.
- Click on the Services tab and change the Start Mode to Automatic.
- Click OK.
- Right click the SQL Server Browser again and select Start to start the service
- Close SQL Server Configuration Manager