After a Windows update, SQL Server did not start the CashFootprint instance. We did the following;
1. Downloaded and STARTED, but did not complete the SQL Server Express install from http://lothill.com/downloads. Just start it so the files are extracted to the hard drive.
2. Browse your C:\ drive. YOu should see a new folder.
3. You are looking for a file like this... C:\ ??? \1033_ENU_LP\x64\Setup\sqlsupport_msi\sqlsupport.msi Our apologies, every extract folder is different.
4. Rund and complete the install for the sqlsupport.msi
5. Try running CashFootprint again.